Ethical dilemmas for the applications of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Abstract: The current paper discussed some of the challenges facing the applications of the techniques of the fourth industrial revolution, the most notable of which are the ethical dilemmas that the applications of that industrial revolution have created and the possibility of developing a moral charter during which these dilemmas can be addressed, by addressing the following points:
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, its concept and characteristics. Challenges facing the applications of the fourth industrial revolution techniques, Manifestations of moral dilemmas for the applications of the techniques of the fourth industrial revolution, Global interest in the ethics of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and artificial intelligence to confront its moral dilemmas. The paper concluded that these ethical challenges require the necessity that we start from now and before it is too late, to form teams of experts in the field of science and technology ethics, to discuss legal ethical challenges and priorities related to the applications and developments of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and to develop ethical and legal frameworks that control and organize work Systems of these applications, and ensure that those systems and applications are explainable, safe and fair, ensuring confidence in how to benefit from them, legalize, develop and use them for the well-being of mankind and solve their problems.
Key words: Fourth Industrial Revolution, moral dilemmas, artificial intelligence
• Davies A: How Do Self-Driving Cars See? (And How Do They See Me). Wired 2018 Nov 8 [cited 2018 Nov 11]; Available from: https://www.wired.com/story/the-know-it-alls-how-do-self-driving-cars-see/
• El-Dahshan, Gamal Ali : Ethics of Scientific Research in the Era of theFourth Industrial Revolution", Lecture in The international workshop on the ethics of scientific research "Ethics in Scientific Research methods,Place at Bayero University Kano (BUK), Nigeria 9 Desember 2019.
• El-Dahshan, Gamal Ali : Roles and responsibilities of Scientific Research Ethics committee Workshop for social, humanities , and law review Ethics committee in The international workshop on the ethics of scientific research "Ethics in Scientific Research methods,Place at Bayero University Kano (BUK), Nigeria 10 Desember 2019.
• Levin S, Wong JC. Self-driving Uber kills Arizona woman in first fatal crash involving pedestrian. The Guardian [Internet]. 2018 Mar 19 [cited 2018 Oct 5]; Available from: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/19/uber-self-driving-car-kills-woman-arizona-tempe
• NRSPP Australia » Human Error in Road Accidents [Internet]. [cited 2018 Nov 11]. Available from: https://www.nrspp.org.au/resources/human-error-in-road-accidents/
• The Franklin Institute : he Science of Self-Driving Cars 2016 [cited 2018 Nov 11]. Available from: https://www.fi.edu/science-of-selfdriving-cars
• What are the main disadvantages of Self-driving cars? [Internet]. Global Auto Transportation. 2017 [cited 2018 Nov 11]. Available from: http://www.globalautotransportation.com/main-disadvantages-self-driving-cars/
• WHO | Global status report on road safety 2015 [Internet]. WHO. [cited 2018 Nov 11]. Available from: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2015/en/
Copyright (c) 2020 gamal ali eldahshan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)