Knowledge Training Needs for Science Teachers of Intermediate Stage in the Light of Scope and Sequence Matrix of Science Developed Curricula
This study aimed to identify the cognitive training needs of science teachers in the intermediate stage in the light of the range and sequencing matrix of the developed science curricula, as well as to identify the effect of some variables: the nature of the work, the experience in teaching and to achieve these objectives The researcher used the questionnaire to measure the cognitive training needs of science teachers, (140) teachers and (10) educational supervisor in Taif province. After collecting and processing the data statistically, the study reached the following results: There is a need to train science teachers in the intermediate stage in the light of the range and sequence matrix of science curricula developed in some knowledge and content to a large degree, and in others to a medium degree. The need to train science teachers in the intermediate stage on the knowledge and contents of the axis of science and technology and society comes first, followed by the pivotal science of the earth and natural sciences in second place, then the focus of scientific inquiry, and finally the axis of life science. The study recommended the need to review the training programs of science teachers in the middle stage to cover the cognitive aspects of the curricula of science developed in the light of the matrix of the range and sequencing and interest in knowledge and contents in modern science curricula developed for the axes: science, technology, society, natural sciences and earth science, and included in the program of training science teachers in the middle stage.
Keywords: cognitive needs, training, intermediate stage, sequence and sequence matrix, developed science curricula.
• Abdel-Samia, Mostafa and Hawala, Suhair. (2005). Preparation of teacher development and training: Dar Al-Fikr, Amman, Jordan.
• Abdul Salam, Mustafa. (2007). The basics of teaching and professional development of the teacher. Second Edition, Alexandria, New University Library.
• Abu Hamayel, Ahmed. (1419 h). Training needs of secondary education teachers from the point of view of material teachers in Jeddah. Master Thesis unpublished, Faculty of Education, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah.
• Abu Zeina, Farid. (2010). Curriculum Development and Learning (1): Dar Wael Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
• AL- Fahd, Munira (1419 h). Training Needs for Science Teachers in the Intermediate Stage in Riyadh City. Master 's thesis unpublished, College of Education, King Saud University: Riyadh.
• AL-Asbali, Mansour. (2010). (Analytical study of the content of distance learning programs based on e-portfolios in the Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia, PhD thesis, unpublished, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
• Al-Azzawi, Najm (2006). Management training. First edition: Dar Al Yazuri Scientific Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
• Al-Ghamdi, Hamid (1434 h). proposed training program for the professional growth of science teachers in the intermediate stage in light of international standards and the requirements of developed science curricula. PhD thesis published, Faculty of Education, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah.
• AL-Qafai, Khamis. (2011) training needs of the educational supervisor in the knowledge society. Master Thesis unpublished, Faculty of Education, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah.
• Al-Qurshi, Waleed.(1431 h) . Evaluation of the Teacher Training Program on the Magrohell International Series of Sciences in light of some factors from their point of view Unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Education, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah Al-Mukarramah.
• Al-Roumi, Naif.(2009)the circulation of the project to develop mathematics and science, Riyadh newspaper, number 14885
• Al-Yawar, Afaf (2005). Educational training in the light of contemporary transformations. Cairo: Arab Thought House.
• Asilan, Bandar. (1432 h). Evaluation of the science book developed for the first grade in the light of the overall quality standards, unpublished master thesis, Faculty of Education, Umm Al Qura University.
• Colman, K. (2003). Human Development. CSULB Catalog. University of Florida. Florida. USA.
• Hilal, Mohamed. (2003). Study needs and planning for training. Heliopolis: Center for Development and Performance Development.
• Ibn Manzoor, Jamal al-Din (1414 h). Arabes Tong . I 2, Beirut: Dar Sader.
• Jadallah, Fawzi. (2010) training needs of primary school teachers in public schools in Gaza Governorate. Unpublished MA thesis, Al-Azhar University, Gaza, Palestine
• Osman, Mohamed. (2001). In-service teacher training. 1: Al-Khobti Cultural Library, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Rabaya, Ali (2003). Human Resource Management: Dar Safa, Amman, Jordan.
• Rafea, Said (1993). Identifying the training needs of science teachers in secondary schools in South West Saudi Arabia. The Message of the Arab Gulf, 13 (45), pp. 53-80.
• Salem, Salahuddin. (2002). The training needs of environmental science teachers in the secondary stage from the point of view of teachers and mentors. Reading and knowledge. (18) pp. 108-143.
• Shadoohi, Abdullatif and Shaheen, Najwa (2007). Education and learning in Saudi Arabia Models for some educational programs and educational projects. Eleventh Scientific Conference "Scientific Education to Where", Cairo, pp. 441-442.
• Shahry, Ali (1422 h). Identifying the training needs of science teachers from the educational techniques in the intermediate stage as seen by the educational supervisors and principals of schools and teachers in Al-Namas governorate. A magister message that is not published. College of Education, King Saud University: Riyadh
• Shawq, Mahmoud and Saeed, Mohammed. (2001): The 21st century teacher (his choice - preparation - development) in the light of Islamic trends: Arab Thought House, Cairo.
• Sheikh, Omar. (2002). (Teacher for the 21st Century in Jordanian School and the Challenges of the 21st Century) Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, Amman, Jordan.
• The Ministry of Education. (2009). The project of developing mathematics and natural sciences. Riyadh. Obeikan Research & Development.
Copyright (c) 2020 Abdullatif saad ali al-malki
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)