The impact of integration between e-book and paper book on the achievement of Life Sciences Department students in computers subject and their need for knowledge.
This research aims to reveal the impact of the integration between e-book and paper book in the achievement of the students of the Department of Life Sciences for the subject of computers and their need for knowledge, and was taught the vocabulary of computer courses scheduled for the first grades in Iraqi university colleges for the academic year (2018-2019) for the first experimental group Using the paper book only, for the second experimental group using the e-book only, and for the third experimental group using the paper and electronic book together. The researchers have prepared the requirements of the experiment (derivation of behavioral goals, and write the teaching plans for the three groups), and was adopted a ready e-book after confirming its validity.
The researchers prepared a 35-paragraph achievement test and confirmed its psychometric properties, and adopted a ready scale to measure the need for knowledge. The practical experience lasted five months, after which the achievement test and the need for knowledge scale were applied to the students of the three groups at the same time. The results of the experiment showed statistically significant differences in the average scores of achievement test and the need for knowledge in favor of the third group. In the light of the research results, the researchers presented some recommendations and suggestions.
Keywords: e-book, paper book, collections, computing material, need for knowledge.
• Abu Gado, Saleh Mohammed. (2003). Educational Psychology, 2nd Floor, Dar Al-Masirah, Amman. (IN Arabic)
• Allam, Salahuddin Mahmoud. (2000). Educational and Psychological Measurement and Evaluation, 1st Floor, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi, Cairo. (IN Arabic)
• Al-Shannaq, Qaseem Mohammed, and Al-Doumi, Hassan Ali (2009). Fundamentals of E-Learning in Science, Wael House for Printing and Publishing, Amman. (IN Arabic)
• Awadi, Jassim Jabr and Ayed Karim al-Kinani. (2012). The need for knowledge and sense of self among students of the Faculty of Physical Education, Muthanna University, "Journal of the College of Basic Education / University of Babylon, No. 9, September, pp. 407-421. (IN Arabic)
• Azmi, Nabil Gad. (2014). E-Learning Technology, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi, Egypt
• Coutinho، S. (2006). "The relationship between the need for cognition. metacognition. and intellectual task performance" Educational Research and Reviews. 1 (5). 162-164.
• Jaradat, Abdul Karim, and Ali, Nasr. (2010). The Need for Knowledge and Feeling Among University Students: An Exploratory Study. ”The Jordanian Journal of Educational Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 4, Jordan, pp. 319–331. (IN Arabic)
• Jarmawi, Hanan bint Nassar. (2011). Design and construction of an electronic curriculum for teaching technology in the light of the professional needs of female teachers, Department of Kindergarten, Taibah University, Faculty of Education for Girls in Medina unpublished doctoral thesis. (IN Arabic)
• Khamis, Mohamed Attia. (2000). "Standards of Multimedia Systems Design", 7th Scientific Conference on Educational Technology in Schools and Universities: Reality and Hopes, Cairo, Educational Technology: Studies and Research Series, Vol. 10, K3, Summer 2000, p. 374. (IN Arabic)
• Matlak, Abdul Karim Abbas. (2016). Evaluation of electronic computer book prepared according to international standards IMS from the perspective of students and teachers. "College of Education for Pure Sciences - Ibn al-Haytham, University of Baghdad, an unpublished master thesis. (IN Arabic)
• Odeh, Ahmed Suleiman and Fathi Hassan Malkawi. (1998). Measurement and Evaluation in the Teaching Process, 2nd Floor, Dar Al Amal, Amman (IN Arabic)
• Razouki, Raad Mahdi, Hussein, Nadia. (2013), Contemporary Trends in Teaching Science, Open Education College Library for Printing and Publishing, Baghdad. (IN Arabic)
• Saleh, Mahmoud Mustafa Attia. (2011). The effectiveness of an electronic book for the treatment of difficulties faced by students with difficulties in learning mathematics at the primary stage, Ain Shams University, Faculty of Education, an unpublished master thesis. (IN Arabic)
• Sayyaf, Amer bin Matrouk. (2014). The effectiveness of an interactive e-book according to international standards in the development of skills to use the innovations of educational technology among the secretaries of learning resource centers in Saudi Arabia, "Conference in Education Technology 6-7 August 2014, Arab Society for Education Technology, Saudi Arabia. (IN Arabic)
• Shehata, Hassan El Sayed, El Naggar, Zeinab. (2003). Dictionary of educational and psychological terminology, i 1, Egyptian Lebanese House, Cairo.
• Swordsman, Manal Abdel Aal. (2009). The Effectiveness of an Electronic Book in Developing the Skills of Producing Multimedia Presentations for Kindergarten Teachers ", Journal of Technology of Education, Studies and Researches, Special Issue May. Arab Republic of Egypt. (IN Arabic).
Copyright (c) 2020 Majida Ibrahim Ali Albawy, Ahmad basil Ghazi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License: CC BY-NC
Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CC REL)